“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress…”

James 1:27

Our cell phone number in Ukraine is: +38 097 828 9477. We are 8 hours ahead of Texas time. We can receive text but cannot send them. You can also reach us by email at joniredding@hotmail.com.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Fundraiser Plans!

I am so thankful that I have so many friends who are willing  and anxious to help us raise money for our adoption!  We have several ideas for fundraisers and I’m really excited about them.  Not only do we raise money, we get to spend some time with friends while we are doing it!  My friend Nicole wants to organize a garage sale.  We are thinking about doing it at the beginning of March.  So, if you have anything you need to clear out of your house or garage, bring it over!  Nicole also wanted to make some items to sell – maybe get together and have a craft night.  Fun!  My friend Dawn made a very generous offer to donate all of the proceeds from her valentine's cards to our adoption fund!!!!  She is going to send me a link and I will post it.  I can’t wait for everyone to see these cute cards.  Dawn is so creative and her work is amazing!  They would be perfect for classmates or to send to family members.  Or, if you didn’t quite get around to Christmas cards, you can always send a valentine one!!!!  
I think we are also going to try to have an event.  We’ve thought about several different ideas but the one that is the most exciting to me is a Family Dance!  Doesn’t that sound like fun?  My kids love to dance and there’s never really a place for them to do it – a wedding every now and then.   We could mix in some fun activities and games too – maybe even a little dance competition on the Wii.  Jody would also like to find a way to have some karaoke.  I think I will have to say no to that.  If you’ve heard him sing, you know why!  There’s just a lot of planning to do to make this work.  Let me know if you have any connections to a good place to have it or a DJ.
Jody was able to go to Austin and get his long form birth certificate so now we should be able to get his passport.  We will get our Home Study back on Monday morning so I should be able to mail our application, documents, and $890 to USCIS.  I am also mailing our second payment to the adoption agency for $2000 and a letter with a little gift for our girl.  I am sending a package to her every couple of weeks.  I put some pictures of our family and a letter telling her about us and letting her know that we are praying for her.