“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress…”

James 1:27

Our cell phone number in Ukraine is: +38 097 828 9477. We are 8 hours ahead of Texas time. We can receive text but cannot send them. You can also reach us by email at joniredding@hotmail.com.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Biometrics and Jody’s lost wedding ring

Although it might have disrupted Jody’s Valentine’s Day plans for me, our Biometrics appointment was yesterday.  We went to USCIS to have our fingerprints taken.  New Braunfels doesn’t have an office so we had to go to San Antonio but the appointment itself was pretty quick and we were done in about 30 minutes.  We stopped by Wal-Mart on the way home to buy some last minute things  for our Family Valentine’s Party and Jody realized that his wedding ring was not in his pocket.  They made us remove them before we were fingerprinted so he put it in his pocket.  We searched the car and it was nowhere.  For some reason, I wasn’t that worried about it.  I told him that he could at least get a comfort fit band now.  He reminded me that was the original one and it had sentimental value.   (I think our roles were a little reversed here.)   He asked me if I would be jealous that women would be hitting on him all the time without it!  I told him that I was more worried about people thinking that I was cheating on my husband when they saw me with a ring and him without! Smile  When we got home, he put a washer in his pocket and reenacted the scene (this is true, he really did this).  He came to the conclusion that it must have fallen out in the parking lot when he got his car keys out. He drove back to the USCIS office and looked around the parking lot.  He went inside to ask about it and CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? somebody found it in the parking lot and turned it in!!!!!!  You would probably be even more amazed if you could see this place!  God is so good!  I wish I could contact the person who turned it in to thank them.   What a nice Valentine’s Day! 

We have almost all of our paperwork completed.  The Dr.’s office needs to correct a couple of mistakes on our Medical Forms.   We still need to have everything notarized and then go to Austin to have it apostilled.  We had to have Jody’s employment letter apostilled in Louisiana so I mailed it last week.  We should get that back in the mail any day now.  So, we are waiting to get our approval from USCIS and then we will be ready to mail our Dossier to Ukraine!  I can’t believe it’s so close!  Still, no word about our girl's status.  Please, keep praying!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! What a wonderful story and Happy Valentines Day!
    Best of all... you're one step closer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I am so happy you found his wedding ring!! I am going to definitely have to hang out with you more.., because I tend to stress a little bit over lost items. It was great to finally meet you in person & I am excited to have someone close by to share this Ukrainian adventure with!!

    ReplyDelete