“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress…”

James 1:27

Our cell phone number in Ukraine is: +38 097 828 9477. We are 8 hours ahead of Texas time. We can receive text but cannot send them. You can also reach us by email at joniredding@hotmail.com.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Prayer Request

I got an email from our adoption agency today saying that a Ukrainian family has expressed interest in the little girl we have been pursuing.  She has been available to Ukraine citizens for 12 months with 2 to go until she is available for international adoption.  I don't know exactly what is going on, just that they are interested in fostering or adopting her.  I will know more in the next couple of weeks.  Please be praying for her. Pray that God will place her exactly where she needs to be - even if it isn't with us.  If she is adopted by this family, I pray that they know Jesus and can teach her about Him and his love.  Also pray for us.  I already love this little girl and  have been praying for her constantly since the moment I saw her picture.  My heart breaks thinking that she might not be ours.  I know that God works all thing together for good for those who love Him and I am holding on tightly to that promise.  God has led us this direction for a purpose.  We will have exactly the child that He intends for us to have.  We would love for it to be her, but I know that God knows better than I do.  I start to get a little panicky when I think of all of the uncertainties of a blind adoption so here I am once again reminding myself that God is in control!  Please pray that I can focus on Him and not the things that I have no control over.  Pray for the kids too, Ellie especially.  She is upset thinking that this little girl that she has been praying for might not be her sister.  Her prayer every night has been "God, please give us the orphan that you want to be in our family.  And please let it be S...."  It did open up a great talk tonight about how God knows what's best for us even when we can't understand what He is doing.  Also, Ryan explained to her that it was like when we picked out the 1st dog from the pound and didn't end up getting it but then we found Bebe and she was perfect for us.  Funny that Ellie quickly reminded him that Bebe jumps up on people, is mean to Miley, and barks all the time!  She is still thinking that "S" is the girl for us and no one else can compare.  I feel a little bit like that myself so please help me pray that feeling away!  Thanks for praying for us!

3 comments:

  1. Praying!! We have had two times in our journey where we thought Alona was lost to other families; and even now, nothing is certain until the adoption is final. The lost you feel is the same as a miscarriage. Some people think how could you love a child you never met? But the love and lost is real..., she was born in your heart!! Hang in there because one thing I have realized is things change quickly in Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your facilitator is on top of things. Most likely your facilitator is even working with the orphanage director to "be creative" about this entire situation. We didn't even know until after we had accepted Sasha's SDA referal that Sasha had been pursued by multiple Ukrainian families and a French family interested in a special needs child! We almost lost him! You have the right attitude about it and God will grant you peace with whatever the outcome may be. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joni, you are such an amazing mother, I hope to be half as great as you! Im praying for you and the family :) God does have some amazing plans ahead He is testing your heart and strengthening your faith in Him. Place it all in His hands and this will be way better than you could have ever expected!Love you.. also praying for "S"!

    ReplyDelete