“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress…”

James 1:27

Our cell phone number in Ukraine is: +38 097 828 9477. We are 8 hours ahead of Texas time. We can receive text but cannot send them. You can also reach us by email at joniredding@hotmail.com.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

One week from today!

I just can't believe that we are leaving in a week.  I am in Waco right now at the hotel computer.  We came to go to our great friends wedding reception last night.  It was so much fun.  This is the Jacob who my Jacob is named after.   I want my boys to grow up and be just like him!  This was the first time we met his fiance and she is precious.  We are leaving this morning to go to Ft. Worth for a wedding tonight.  It's so funny because I haven't been to many weddings the last few years and now all of the sudden we have 4 this summer.  Two of my cousins are getting married and 2 really close friends.  The one we are going to tomorrow is another girl that I have known her entire life.  I lived with their family during part of my 1st year of teaching at Grapevine.  She was in 6th grade then.  Wow!  The rest of my family is still sleeping but I woke  up at 5:00 am like I have every morning since I found out we are leaving so soon.  There is just so much to do.  I think I'm on the verge of a panic attack.  I have a list and I have separated it day by day so I am getting things done.  I'm going to try to run some of my errands while we are away this weekend.  My mind is going a billion different directions.  I just don't see how I can get everything done.  One of the huge things I am dealing with right now is a one-time reimbursement from Texas for adoption expenses.  They give you $1500 per child after the adoptions.  But, I have to send the paperwork to them, then they will send me a contract to sign.  I have to sign it and have it back to them before we leave.  I don't even see how this will be possible because we only have 4 business days before we leave.  Just typing that made me sick to my stomach - 4 business days!  Ok, deep breath.  God will work things out.  I have had a huge blessing because my sweet friend who is a lawyer is doing a will for us.  We just sent him the information and we are going to call him tomorrow night to talk.  Thank you so much Caleb!!!!  So many people have offered to help and I'm going to try to look at my list and see what things I can start delegating.  It's hard because there is so much to do but I'm leaving my boys for 3 weeks and I want to spend every minute I can with them.  Ok, now I'm crying in the lobby of the hotel and the guy next to me is wondering what is going on.  Changing the subject.......  My friend is at the same orphanage right now adopting 4 kids.  She called yesterday and she went on and on about how sweet my kids are!  I can't wait to meet them!  She has been able to send a bunch of pictures also which we love.  I'm hoping I can post some soon.  Please pray for her because she was feeling pretty homesick yesterday.   Ellie is so excited about going!  Ok, I think my kids are probably getting up so I better head back to the room.  And then we are off to visit the Baylor Bears before we head to Ft. Worth.  Thank you for praying for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment