“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress…”

James 1:27

Our cell phone number in Ukraine is: +38 097 828 9477. We are 8 hours ahead of Texas time. We can receive text but cannot send them. You can also reach us by email at joniredding@hotmail.com.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Beginning the Adoption Process

We are so excited that tomorrow we will officially be beginning the adoption process.  We are calling to begin our Home Study and sending in our application and 1st payment to the adoption agency.  The payment part is what is a little scary.  I know God will provide.  I am researching ways to get assistance.  I do know that there is a $13,000 tax credit for families who adopt.  The total cost should be between $22,000 and $24,000.  We hope to be able to borrow the $13,000 because we know we can pay it back quickly.   I’ve read that there are organizations who offer interest free loans for this purpose.  I just have to figure out where they are.  I guess I need to start thinking about fundraisers.  This is the part that I’m terrible at.  I never have parties – like Pampered Chef or Southern Living because I hate making people feel obligated to buy things.  I hate asking for donations, even for church or PTA.  Seriously, it makes me sick at my stomach.  We’ve been looking at our budget and finding ways to cut.  For example, I have a hair appointment this week and I know that is somewhere I can save.  I’m hoping the girl who does my hair will give me some good pointers on how to do my own color because I know that has to go.   Any little bit will help.  I didn’t realize how much has to be paid at the beginning.  The first payment to the agency is $1500 and you have to pay another $2500 within 30 days.  They estimate a Home Study to be $1500 – $2000 which will be paid in the next few weeks.  I am curious to find out how long the loan process takes.  If it is fairly fast, I could use that for these initial costs and then save and use fundraisers after that.   Wouldn’t it  be great if we just ended up with a $15,000 tax return?  Ok, I know that this is where we need to pray and trust that God will provide.  He is faithful and equips us to do what He calls us to do.  We are certain that this calling is from Him so we just have to trust Him!!!!