“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress…”

James 1:27

Our cell phone number in Ukraine is: +38 097 828 9477. We are 8 hours ahead of Texas time. We can receive text but cannot send them. You can also reach us by email at joniredding@hotmail.com.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Not my greatest parenting moments

We had some friends over the other night for smores.   There were a bunch of kids all making smores in the backyard and jumping on the trampoline.  I realized that I hadn’t seen Cole in a while (somewhere between 10 and 45 minutes).  We started looking for him everywhere.  I was yelling his name everywhere inside the house.  Right before I got really worried I walked through the kitchen and here he was, sound asleep half-way under the table in his Spiderman Costume.

photo

He stayed asleep while Jody carried him to bed and slept until about 9 the next morning.  With cousins here all weekend and spending the night at Granny’s they didn’t get much sleep.   Jacob woke up Monday morning and got ready for school.  I walked in the bathroom and he had big tears in his eyes telling me he wanted to stay with me and didn’t feel like going to school.  So, knowing that he wasn’t sick I let him stay home.  It is kindergarten after all.  I did make him go lay back down.  He fell asleep immediately and slept until 10:30.  That made me feel a little better about skipping.   After he got up we went to Costco to look at toys and get Christmas ideas.  Then we went to the mall to see Santa.  Cole was so funny.  He has been wearing his coonskin hat and vest since Friday when we went to the Alamo with his cousins and I even let him wear it to see Santa.  This is where I get bonus points because I have come such a long way.  Ryan would NEVER have been able to wear that unless it was Halloween.  Cole is almost always in some kind of costume.  My mom took a picture of him so I’ll post it soon.  While we were walking to see Santa, Ellie called me from school.  She said “Mommy, I’m the last one here.”  Oops!  I forgot to tell Jody to pick her up from school.  I had planned on being back in time but didn’t make it.  I had called to make sure he would be home when Ryan got off the bus but forgot I was picking Ellie up.  Then I called Jody to tell him to  hurry and pick  her up and I couldn’t get a hold of him.  Thankfully Dannett answered and picked her up for me.  Thank God for good friends!  It showed how easy-going Ellie is because she wasn’t even upset.  She had to wait in the office which she thought was really fun.  She even got a little of her homework done.