“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress…”

James 1:27

Our cell phone number in Ukraine is: +38 097 828 9477. We are 8 hours ahead of Texas time. We can receive text but cannot send them. You can also reach us by email at joniredding@hotmail.com.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Meet Beatrice (BeBe)–Thanksgiving pics

We adopted a dog!  The boys have been begging for a dog  forever so we went to the Animal Defense League on Tuesday and found Beatrice.  She is really pretty.  Surprisingly she is full blood Australian Sheppard.  She loves playing with the kids and they love it too.  The shelter required that we bring Miley in on Wednesday so we could “socialize” them.  Miley just ignored Beatrice but Beatrice loved Miley.  Miley hasn’t been too nice since we brought her home.  I was relieved to look outside yesterday and see them cuddled up together.  Am I really blogging about our dogs?????

boys

This is one of they boys Christmas gifts.  We are also giving them obedience training classes (for the dogs, not the kids)

Thanksgiving was really relaxing this year.  My parents, AnnMarie and her family, and my cousin Kaydee were here.  We just cooked all day and the kids just played and played.  They had a lot of fun with Bebe.  Kaydee brought her camera so we went out to the Clark’s house to take some pictures.  I’ll post a few.  I’ve already printed one for my mantle (FINALLY!!!! We were sad to see that stranger’s picture go.  She was starting to feel like family!) and I ordered Christmas cards!  Yes, I am determined to send Christmas cards this year.  I’m afraid that if I don’t send them nobody will have my new address.  My plan is to start addressing them tomorrow so we’ll see.  Here are some of my favorite pictures that Kaydee took.  Oh, and she also showed me this cool website where you can do all sorts of fun things with your pictures.  It’s called picnik.  So fun!

DSC_0431

This was the best we could do with all the kids.  We took a ton and they just took turns moving or looking away from the camera.

 

DSC_0521

Ellie and Callie.  I put this one in the big frame in Ellie’s room.  Yes, I’ve also had that one for about a year with strangers in it!

 

DSC_0561

Cole is pretty cooperative for picture taking!  He chose this pose all by himself!

amer

My cute niece and nephews!