“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress…”

James 1:27

Our cell phone number in Ukraine is: +38 097 828 9477. We are 8 hours ahead of Texas time. We can receive text but cannot send them. You can also reach us by email at joniredding@hotmail.com.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Change of Plans!!!!

I did receive the I-171H and it is on its way to Ukraine.  We are supposed to be submitted next week.  But, that might be changing.  During this crazy holdup with USCIS I have felt like there was a purpose.  The delays were so uncharacteristic that I thought God must be purposely delaying us.  I think He was and I’m starting to see why.  My sweet friend called me late Saturday night and told me about these 2 children that need a host family for the summer.  It is a 13 year old girl and a 6 year old boy.  The girl was hosted by a family here a couple of summers ago and everyone adores her.  Two of her best friends have been adopted by families here and these girls are so excited that she is coming.  We have prayed and prayed about what to do about this.  I think God is going to teach us so much through this hosting trip.  We are all really excited to see where He is going to take us!  Please be praying for us as we prepare our house and our hearts for their arrival!!!   Things in Ukraine keep changing everyday.  One day they say that they will close for 3 to 6 months and not issue appointments until they reopen (September?).  The next day they think they will keep issuing appointments throughout the ministry change.  So, who knows?  I just feel like this is such a wonderful opportunity for all of us.  When the girl was hosted before she did not want to be adopted because she has 2 older brothers and 1 of them was at the orphanage with her.  He has graduated from the orphanage now so I’m not exactly sure how she feels, but I think she hopes to be adopted.  So, I don’t know if we will be submitted next week or if they will want to wait.  I’m not sure how that works.  Does anyone know if we can be submitted now but request a date after the hosting trip?  I would love to travel in August or September, right after the hosting trip.  So, we will just keep trusting and trying to be obedient to what God is calling us to do.  This was a really tough decision for us.  We knew we wanted to do whatever God was leading us to do, but sometimes it is just so hard to know.  Anyway, I don’t think it is a good idea for me to post a lot of information about the kids on the internet, but I would LOVE for you to see their pictures!  They are just precious!  Just email me and I will email their pictures to you.  joniredding@hotmail.com

3 comments:

  1. I want to see pictures:) You are going to have so much fun hosting!! God will work out all the other details, don't worry!! Of course this is coming from a worrier -- as you well know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can file a petition requesting an appointment date after such-and-such date. Your facilitator should be able to help you with that. Excited to see where God takes you with all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting! I can't wait to see what happens with all of this. The boys we hosted last fall are 13 and 6:) Hosting is such an amazing experience. Prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete