“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress…”

James 1:27

Our cell phone number in Ukraine is: +38 097 828 9477. We are 8 hours ahead of Texas time. We can receive text but cannot send them. You can also reach us by email at joniredding@hotmail.com.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Still not submitted

Unfortunately there is no news.  We overnighted the information they needed on Friday, the 1st.  Someone at USCIS signed for it on Monday the 4th  but as of this Monday, the 11th, the officer working on our case had not received it.  She said it was probably still in processing.  I will email again today to see if there is an update.  I hate bugging them, and I have a feeling that they hate it too.  It seems to make things take longer instead of speeding them up.  So of course we weren’t submitted yesterday like we hoped.  Who knows when it will be?  I know that God’s timing is perfect but I’ve been a little depressed about this delay.  I really wanted to spend the summer getting our family adjusted and now it is looking like we will spend a huge part of our summer in Ukraine.  Plus everything is so uncertain.  We need to plan some things but I don’t know when.  Jody’s district won their District Achievement Trip so we need to plan a weekend for that but we have no idea when we will be in Ukraine.  I need to RSVP to 2 weddings but I don’t know if we can make it or not.  Our friends who had their fingerprint appointment on the same day as ours are in Ukraine right now.  Oh, I wish we were there.  They had an experience just like ours – the little girl they were hoping to adopt was placed in foster care.  They have a referral for 2 little girls and they are traveling to meet them now.  These 2 girls are precious.  You can read about them on her blog and she even has the links to see their photos.  Check it out if you have time.  You can also be praying for them!
I have made some progress in the girls’ room.  We put in 2 twin beds and it looks really cute.  I cleaned out a bunch of stuff and tried to get everything organized.  I’m trying to do a room each week or so.  I’m dreading doing the little boys room but I think I will tackle that next.  They have so many toys and Cole loves all of them.  I don’t think anyone has as many weapons and costumes as he does.
Hopefully next time I will have good news!

4 comments:

  1. I hear ya. Really I do. I would just RSVP to the wedding and cancel if you have to. Thats what I did last week. Im sure the bride will understand. Buy her a cool gift to cover the cost of the food ;)
    Thats really cool that the girls your friend showed were in deed available. Incredible.
    Hang in there... soon, you will look back and say "What a ride..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting an update. I have been thinking about you and feel the same way you do. God's timing is perfect, but it is hard not to be a little down right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How 'bout a picture of the room re-do? Sounds like you have been keeping busy. Praying for God's perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will post a picture as soon as I get the dresser back in. A couple of the drawers were broken so Ellie's clothes are all on the couch right now. We have it back, just haven't moved it in yet. So, I will post pics in the next couple of days!

    ReplyDelete