“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress…”

James 1:27

Our cell phone number in Ukraine is: +38 097 828 9477. We are 8 hours ahead of Texas time. We can receive text but cannot send them. You can also reach us by email at joniredding@hotmail.com.

Monday, April 18, 2011

In the mail AGAIN!

I resent the documents today.  They are guaranteed to be there by tomorrow at noon.  I included every bit of information that I could find so they can get it to the right person this time.  Our officer asked me to send her the tracking number so she can be looking for it.  I really think she will try to get it done as fast as possible.  Now I will just wait.  I have been praying about this A LOT and I feel much more at peace with whatever happens. 

6 comments:

  1. You might email the case worker and ask if she can email you the document to save the day. Since you only need a copy to send you don't need to wait for the original. It is unusual for them to do so but it doesn't hurt to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you got to talk to a REAL person and a person that seems to care!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joni! I saw your comment on my blog about the USCIS and am here checking out your blog. The USCIS can ABSOLUTELY email that paper to you. That is what they did for us. You then print it and have it notarized as a true and unaltered copy and have that apostilled. Call and ask to speak with Amy Bourne. She is a supervisor and can get things moving, or at least make the officer email it to you. We actually called our state Senator's office and they were SO helpful. They called the USCIS right away for us and we had our approval within twelve hours. Maybe call your senator? Tell them you need someone to help you with the USCIS. We were given two numbers to call them. One general number that was never helpful and one "case status" number that could look things up. Do you have both? Hope that things move along for you! Maybe we'll see you in Ukraine:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, will it be weird to not explain why I am contacting her or how I got her name? If you have more suggestions and you don't want them published, you can email me. (obviously I am at the other end of the paranoid scale :) joniredding@hotmail.com

    I'm so glad to know that they emailed it to you. That will save some time. If they could email it to me early tomorrow, I could drive to Austin and have it apostilled. As of today, she still has not received the documents from mail processing. Really?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I emailed you just because it was so long...

    ReplyDelete