“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress…”

James 1:27

Our cell phone number in Ukraine is: +38 097 828 9477. We are 8 hours ahead of Texas time. We can receive text but cannot send them. You can also reach us by email at joniredding@hotmail.com.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Letter from USCIS

I got a letter from Department of Homeland Security today that says that our Home Study is missing some information.  Our social worker is going to revise it and get it to me tomorrow.  I will mail it back to them as soon as I can and then I really hope they hurry up! I think it just depends on what officer reads your Home Study because our social worker does them all the time for Ukraine.  She follows the exact same format and they get approved.  Oh well, it’s out of my control.  I’m just so anxious to get to our girl!

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! Now you have me nervous! We just got our first HS proof today.
    Hopefully they can fix your HS in a jiffy and get it on out!
    What needed to be changed? What, has the USCIS gone Ukrainian all of a sudden? Picky picky!
    Praying it is resolved quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It didn't have the exact date of our Home visit and it didn't have the right wording for our medical state. Our Social Worker does these all the time and uses the same wording and they've never asked for this before. She said it just depends on who reads it and if they want to make things difficult or not. Our Social Worker is so awesome though, right when I called her, she changed it, went and had it notarized, and met me at the post office. It will be in their hands by noon tomorrow. Wow! But then I realized that it doesn't really matter when they have it because there's no way to get the approval back in time to be submitted next week. Now that means waiting 2 more weeks while SDA doesn't accept new submissions the 1st 2 weeks of April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure you dont want to hop on a plane and hand deliver it to the SDA? ;)
    I hate the news about the SDA, but, my thoughts are, those are 2 weeks for files to build up, more kids to become available, and no families there to scoop them up. God's timing. We're praying for y'all, so glad you have the super social worker :)

    ReplyDelete