“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress…”

James 1:27

Our cell phone number in Ukraine is: +38 097 828 9477. We are 8 hours ahead of Texas time. We can receive text but cannot send them. You can also reach us by email at joniredding@hotmail.com.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Sweet Boys!

Ellie has been so stressed about her writing TAKS test which was today.  For any of you who aren’t familiar with this, it is the test required by Texas that each child must pass in order to move on to the next grade.  She has had some rough spots in school this so she is worried that she wouldn’t pass it.  I’m not actually worried about it because her real struggle is with test taking – she gets confused and mixed up from multiple choice questions (which I am convinced that someone wrote to try and trick kids into choosing the wrong answer).  She gets her test taking skills from her dad unfortunately.  Smile  Jody is better than me at almost everything else in the world, but this is one area where I have him beat!  I am a really good test taker.  This was really beneficial in college where I could study very little and still get pretty good grades – not because I’m so smart, but for some reason I can take tests well.  Anyway, we all prayed for her last night and this morning.  I asked Ryan and Jacob if they would both promise to pray for Ellie today anytime they thought of the test.  I told her that Cole and I would pray for her throughout the day too.  The school counselor called me about 30 minutes before school was out and told me that she hadn’t even started her final draft so she would probably have to stay after school.  Cole and I stopped right then and said a prayer for her because I could imagine how stressed she must be from writing ALL DAY.  In about 25 minutes, she called and said that she was finished and would be there at pick up.  So, when I picked the kids up she was in the best mood.  I thought it was because the test was over but then she handed me an envelope containing these:

scan0001

This (above) was a letter from Jacob (kindergarten).  He thought of it on his own and asked his teacher to help him with some of the spelling!  So sweet!  This one (below) is from Ryan – my 5th grader.   His class was practicing letter writing format so it was an assignment.  That’s why it seems a bit formal.  Another girl in his class picked Ellie and he said he had to beg her to trade him.  (I’m actually surprised that he would even TALK to a girl at all.)  Ryan is an amazing student and school comes very easy for him but he knows how Ellie has struggled this year and stressed about this test.   I love it!  I cried when I read these and now I’m crying again just typing about it!  I tell them all the time that I can’t believe God chose me to be their mom!scan0002

No comments:

Post a Comment