“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress…”

James 1:27

Our cell phone number in Ukraine is: +38 097 828 9477. We are 8 hours ahead of Texas time. We can receive text but cannot send them. You can also reach us by email at joniredding@hotmail.com.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Super Social Worker and a few other things

Our social worker is awesome!  I've mentioned her awesomeness before when she came to our rescue with her super power notary.  She started working on amending the Home Study as soon as I called her around 2:45 this afternoon.  She called me at 4:30 pm and said she was on her way to have it notarized and she would meet me at the post office.  So by noon tomorrow, the amended Home Study will be in the right hands!  Oh, what the Comal County Clerk's office could learn from this lady!   I did hear today that the SDA (State Dept. of Adoptions) in Ukraine won't accept submissions for the 1st 2 weeks in April - which is when we will probably have the much needed I-171h and be ready to submit.  That means that we won't be submitted until the week of April 18th.  If we had been submitted on our original submission date we would probably be traveling at the end of April, now it's looking like Mid May.  I was counting on being in Ukraine for Jody's 40th birthday on May 5th so I could avoid planning a party.  Looks like I will have to think of something.

We received a $100 donation today from my really good friend's parents.  Thank you!!  Also, a friend of mine is buying one of the cowhide rugs that was donated to our garage sale!   So, now we are up to $13,305.  AWESOME!!!!!  Praise God!

Another praise:  I told our adoption story at MOPs tonight which I was really nervous to do.  It went fine - I don't know how it sounded but I think I said everything I planned to say.  I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to share our experience and I'm really thankful that its over.  Thanks for the prayers!

Oh, last thing.  There is an adoptive family that is in desperate need of your prayers right now.  You can read their story here.  They are appealing a judge's decision that wouldn't allow them to adopt a child with Down Syndrome that they have been trying to adopt for 2 years.

2 comments:

  1. We may end up in Ukraine at the same time after all!! So glad you got that home study amended & it will be in the USCIS hands soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your talk at MOPS was wonderful. Thank you! You're family is in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete