“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress…”

James 1:27

Our cell phone number in Ukraine is: +38 097 828 9477. We are 8 hours ahead of Texas time. We can receive text but cannot send them. You can also reach us by email at joniredding@hotmail.com.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

No submission tomorrow

Well I guess we won’t be submitted tomorrow because we still haven’t received our I-171h.  They did email me last week and said they would try to get to it as quick as possible but there were still several cases ahead of us.  So, we are just waiting.  While it’s frustrating I keep thinking that maybe there is a purpose in this delay.  Maybe our little girl isn’t available just yet or maybe there is a particular judge we could get based on our timing.  Who knows?  Only God, so I’m going to be patient and trust that He has a plan in this. 

I have been running a high fever and feeling bad for a few days so I went to the doctor today and found out that I have strep throat.  Bad timing because Jody is out of town all week and we have tons of activities.  I started my antibiotic today so I should be feeling better soon. 

Another blessing!!!!  We received another $150 in donations this week.  Some of that was from someone we don’t even know.  Isn’t that awesome?  Here’s the part of that that’s not so awesome – just when I sat down to write this,  I noticed that the check was torn in half.  I’m guessing Cole is responsible.  Ugh.  I wonder if I can tape it back together?

We went on Friday to apply for passports for Ryan and Ellie.  We aren’t sure who will be going for the 2nd trip but it takes up to 6 weeks to get passports so we decided to go ahead and get them just in case.  We went to the Comal County Courthouse again and once again they were RUDE.  This was our 3rd trip there and we have dealt with 3 different people in that office and they were all rude.  I keep hearing how jobs are so hard to get right now so it seems like anyone with a bad attitude could easily be replaced.  Today when I went to get my prescription filled at Walgreens, the lady working was so rude to me and also the receptionist at my Doctor’s office was rude – as usual.  I think God must be trying to teach me something because I’m noticing this everywhere I go.

Last thing – please pray for me on Thursday.  I’m sharing my testimony and our adoption story with a MOPs group.  I don’t speak in groups – EVER!  Seriously, I can’t remember a time that I have ever done this.  But I am passionate about this and have come to know God so much more intimately through this that I really want to share it.  Pray that I can express it with the right words.  I have a lot of ideas of what I want to say but I haven’t started organizing them yet.  Thanks for your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, I have been thinking about you. You will do great on your testimony because you are passionate about adopting!! Hope you feel better soon!! Maybe your submission date will be next week with ours:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain with the Comal County Clerk's office. They weren't very helpful with our paperwork either.

    ReplyDelete