“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress…”

James 1:27

Our cell phone number in Ukraine is: +38 097 828 9477. We are 8 hours ahead of Texas time. We can receive text but cannot send them. You can also reach us by email at joniredding@hotmail.com.

Friday, June 10, 2011

We were able to spend about 3 hours with the kids today.  I have pictures but I can't post them because everyone is waiting on me.  I will post tomorrow.  We had a good time with the kids.  They won't let us in the gates.  We have to stay outisde on the pavement.  It's really weird.  We play soccer and uno, but it's hard to fill the time.   Bogdan is so shy.  He is comfortable when Tanya is there.  Today our facilitator, Alex, let him ride in his lap and drive the "macheena" (car).  He loved it.  I don't think he has ever been in a car before.  After he drove, he kind of rested on Alex's lap for a while.  Tanya ran up to us with huge hugs again today.  While we were walking over to where everyones else was, she kind of cuddled up to me and put her head on my shoulder.  She is the sweetest things ever!  Bogdan was much more comfortable with us today and he did hug Ellie.  He gave Jody and I a high five. He would barely look at us yesterday.  We will go again tomorrow so hopefully each day will make him a little more comfortable.  Alex is going to get us a internet card this weekend so we will be able to post from our apartment.  Right now we are in the mall, Jody and Ellie just finished ice skating.  Now we are watching this drunk lady ice skate and she is falling about every minute.  Maybe I can post a video tomorrow :)  We moved to our apartment today.  It's bigger so Alex is sleeping on the pull out sofa and the 3 of us on the bed in the bedroom.  There is no A/C but it doesn't seem too hot.  More tomorrow.....

1 comment:

  1. Praying and praying for you guys!!!! Thanks for the super detailed posts because it makes me feel like i am right there with you and I love that! The pictures are great- not at all what I expected the city/ country to look like. And the women...I like how you picked up on their fancy clothes and shoes!! Tanya and Bogdan are precious and it's so sweet to see y'all together with them. It is also neat to see Bogdan becoming more comfortable around you with each day... Love you guys. Praying!!!!!

    ReplyDelete